By entering the Challenge, You ("The Artist") accept the rules outlined below by MattePaint.com ("The Organizer").
Submissions open: 1st February 2021
Entries close: 18th February 2021
Winners announced: 19th February 2021
- Dates mentioned are at 11:59 PM on the date in question.
- All dates are based on Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
Eligibility and Restrictions
- Artists must be a member of MattePaint.com to participate (registration is free)
- Participation is limited to individual artists. Group or Team entries are not eligible.
- Submissions must contain MattePaint.com resources or include the resources set out in the challenge brief, if any.
- Must not contain Photobash.org materials (see this article for more)
- Participants must be of age of majority (18 years or older)
How to Enter
- Artists must submit an entry to the Challenge system here on MattePaint.com to be reviewed by our judging panel. Entries not submitted to this website will not be considered.
- If submitting for a contest or challenge requiring weekly updates, each week requires a new update in order to be eligible for the final prize.
- Entries must be new artwork created specifically for the challenge and not impeach on another's copyright
- All entries must have at least 1 WIP submission in addition to the Final submission.
- No professionally commissioned work can be submitted.
- Final work must be at least 1920px wide or high.
Deadline and Rights
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The Organizer reserves the right to remove any entry for any reason and without notice.
- Entries that do not meet the requirements may be deleted. It is the full responsibility of the Artist to make sure they adhere to these rules and individual contest requirements.
All entries will be judged by our judging panel or by the community where outlined in the challenge brief. Judging criteria differs from challenge to challenge but as a guide, submissions are based on:
- Accuracy of submission to the outlined brief
- Overall Composition
- Technical execution
- Overall Presentation of submission
Judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Artist guarantees to The Organizer that:
- The submitted artwork (images, videos, 3D models, etc.) were made by the Artist.
- All Work is original and that you have the right or authority to enter and publish.
- All details submitted by the Artist are true and correct, and the Artist indemnifies The Organizer from and against any and all claims and demands made against The Organizer, its assignees or licensees, in relation to the guarantees provided by the Artist in these rules.
- The Organizer will not be liable for, and expressly excludes, liability to the Artist for any loss, injury or damage which results directly or indirectly from participation, including the breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
- The Organizer accepts no responsibility for entry submissions not received for any reason.
- Submitting to a challenge constitutes consent to The Organizer and any Challenge Sponsors, the right to use all entered materials in any media for sales and marketing material. The Artist retains the copyright of entered materials and are free to use said materials for personal promotion. The Artist will be notified whenever possible of any inclusion in media and be credited.
- Winners may be required to complete an interview with the The Organizer or Judges for promotional material and to confirm the eligibility of the Submission. Failure to complete the interview may, at The Organizers sole discretion, result in disqualification and the next highest scoring Submission selected.
- Prizes are non-transferable. No cash or other substitution may be made.
- The Contest Sponsors will send prizes directly to winners in a timely manner at the completion of the Contest.
- If a nominated prize is unable to be to provided to the winner, The Organizer reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value.
- The Organizer will not be liable for lost items in post. Items sent through post will have tracking and insurance, and where lost, an alternative prize of similar monetary value will be provided.
- Any content submitted by third-party vendors, educational facilities or studios are ineligible and will be removed. The Organizer reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to remove, modify or suspend any related content on the site.
- Any media deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified. Such entries may, at The Organizer’s sole discretion, be closed at any time during the event.
- Employees of The Organizer and Contest Sponsors are not eligible to enter.
Agreement of Terms
- By participating, The Artist is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood and agrees to be bound by these rules Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Rules constitute the entire agreement between the The Artist and The Organizer in relation to the Contest/Challenge and supersede any prior or other agreements between The Artist and The Organizer.
- In no event will The Organizer, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, advertising or promotion agencies or respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from access to, or use of, this web site or participation in this contest, even if The Organizer has been advised of the possibility of such damages.